WordPerfect problem identified

On Thu, 6 Oct 1994, Rahim Azizarab wrote:

> Hi:
> where is the ftp site for word perfect for linux???
>
> thanks,
>
> ray at xochi.tezcat.com

There's a WordPerfect DEMO available for ftp; it claims to be a full
version of WP 5.1 with printing and saving disabled.

The demo is actually for SCO Unix, but there's an emulator under
development for Linux, called "ibcs2", that will ultimately let Linux run
SCO binaries. The emulator is supposed to run the WP demo already.

I got past the prior problem with it, but now it complains about missing
device drivers (/dev/XOR, for example).

The emulator, and the current kernel, is available on tsx-11.mit.edu. The
WP 5.1 demo is available on ftp.wordperfect.com.

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux/Unix Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744