Upcoming meetings, & BCS MegaMeeting

Upcoming meetings are tentatively scheduled as follows:

December 21:
One of our members has something he'd like to demo. With the holidays so
close, we'll keep things informal.

January 18:
We'll be discussing Linux as a platform for delivery of Internet services,
such as SLIP/PPP, email, Usenet newsgroups, and WWW. Our focus will be
primarily on WWW, using either the CERN or the NCSA httpd server.

February 15:
Barry Shien, of Software Tool & Die, will be giving a presentation; topic
undetermined at present.

March 15:
Jim Paradis, of Digital Equipment Corporation, will be giving us a demo
of Linux on the DEC Alpha AXP. Jim is working on a 32-bit port of Linux
to the AXP.

    --------

The Ninth Annual BCS MegaMeeting is scheduled for April 1 and 2, at the
University of Massachusetts' campus in Dorchester, which is right next to
the JFK Library. We'll need a few volunteers so we can staff a booth for
the Linux & Unix Group, and we need to determine what activities and
presentations, if any, we want to provide. We could also sponsor some
seminars, if there is sufficient interest in doing so.

We'll be discussing these issues at the next group planning meeting on
Wednesday, December 14, at the offices of Pioneer Global
Telecommunications in Copley Square, Boston.

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux & Unix Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744