show

>> I don't know what your intent, restrictions etc. are, but I could be
>> available to sign copies of Running Linux; perhaps Matt Welsh could be
>> as well.
>>
>> -lar
>> Lar Kaufman      lark at walden.com      508-371-1563        "Running Linux"

A book signing sounds like a neat idea. I recall from last year, we had
a book signing event for "Dilbert". I'll ask what's involved to do this
kind of thing.

As for our restrictions, we basically have a 6-foot by 16-foot space to
work with (two adjoining "standard booths"), with the two 6-foot sides
exposed to the aisles and the two 16-foot sides walled in. I'm trying to
get this changed, but we may be stuck with this. And if the space we
squeezed in elsewhere for the Web group's booth turns out to be unuseable,
then we'd probably split our booth with them. This actually makes some sense,
considering that several of the Web group volunteers are also Linux group
activists.

On the other hand, there's a slim possibility that the door prize
block may be moved partially out of the BCS Pavilion, and if this occurs,
we can get an alternate spot that faces traffic on one of the 16-foot
sides as well as the two 6-foot sides, and the Web group's booth would be
one of two booths behind the 16-foot wall.

We actually have no capital resources; we're limited to the equipment
we can borrow and the volunteers we can recruit, to make this event happen.

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux & Unix User Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744 / http://www.bcs.org