Post-Megameeting Thanks

I hope you had the opportunity to attend this year's Mega-Meeting last
weekend, and that you stopped by our booth, chatted a bit with our
volunteers, and looked at our displays of Netscape, Mosiac, lynx, plus
other Internet tools, showing "What's Out There" on the "Infobahn".

If you did come by, Great! If you didn't -- We Missed You! -- and you
missed a Great Time! (Well, like the Red Sox, "Maybe Next Year" ;-)

On behalf of everyone of the Linux/Unix User Group and the Web Masters,
a hearty and grateful thanks to the following people, who made this all
possible:

-- Robert Luoma (and others), who helped get all the bits and pieces to
(generally) cooperate electronically with each other;

-- Our booth volunteers, who fielded what seemed like thousands of
questions from hundreds of people;

-- Mark Dulcey and Lar Kaufman, who generously loaned equipment for the
exhibits, making it possible to show what Linux and the Web is all about;

-- Alireza Setayesh, who through his experience and enthusiasm, continues
to "spread the Word" about the wonders of Linux to those who haven't
heard (yet);

-- Rich Braun, of Pioneer Global, for the ISDN link to the 'net, proving
that no longer does it stand for "It Still Does Nothing". Except for the
jaded few, everyone was blown away by the speed boost versus a dial-up
connection;

-- Lar Kaufman, co-author of "Running Linux", for fielding all sorts of
questions with along with our volunteers, adding his unique perspective
to the answers given;

-- Jim Paradis, of Digital Equipment Corp., for not only showing that
Linux is not "Intel Only", but joining everyone else at the booth in
fielding all sorts of questions, whether about Linux, Unix, or WWW sites
and resources;

-- Jerry Feldman, BCS Board of Directors, who, when he wasn't (probably)
"going nuts" dealing with the whole Mega-Madness, spent many hours at the
booth, answering questions and (at least once) helping a user figure out
how to use her laptop computer to the fullest; and

-- Guy Bzibziak, for managing the Megameeting chaos and keeping our booth
running smoothly.

Once again, all of you, on both sides of the table (volunteers,
exhibitors and members), thank-you for making this all happen!

			####### A Reminder #######

Next Meeting -- 19 April -- Our announced speaker, Simson Garfinkel, had
a scheduling conflict; we're preparing an alternate topic for this meeting.
We'll be rescheduling Simson's talk for sometime over the summer.
This will be in our regular mmeting place, at MIT Building 66, Room 154.
We're still looking for larger accomodations.

** MAY: Special Event ** Meet the guy who created Linux, Linus Torvalds.
This special event takes place on May 17, at 7:00 PM, at MIT Building 26,
Room 100 (the big auditorium).

-- Best to All,

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux & Unix User Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744 / http://www.bcs.org