volunteer meeting tonight

>> From: rodney at sabletech.com (Rodney Thayer)
>> Subject: volunteer meeting tonight
>>
>> I can't go to tonight's meeting but I had a couple of items I want to
>> contribute.  I hope someone who goes to the meeting sees this.
>>
>> 1. what happens to all those names we got from last week's meeting?  does
>> someone have to type them in or something?

Yep. Phil Molloy, a new volunteer, took a handful of them (the small box
with the "winners") and typed them into a database form I gave him. We've
still got a ton of unprocessed names; if a few people can pitch in, we'll
get through the entire set fairly quickly.

>> 2. when's the next meeting date for which you need a speaker?  I want to
>> propose to give a talk on "servers and daemons and tools", all those good
>> things you fire up in the background on your linux machine like smtp,
>> httpd,
>> majordomo, ftpd, etc. etc. etc.  Are you scheduling July or is that
>> covered?
>>  I know I need to write up a little description - a paragraph or so...

I'm waiting to hear from Lar Kaufman wrt Matt Welsh being available
for July. I'd also asked a couple guys I met at Linus' talk, but they
haven't gotten back to me yet. I've submitted a generic "To Be Announced"
topic for the Calendar, and if I get a confirmation soon I'll talk to
Heather immediately; it *may* be barely possible to modify the topic
before the Calendar ships, although it's somewhat disruptive of the
production process if done extremely late.

>> 3. has anybody been accumulating the e-mail on the linux list?  there's
>> some
>> good info that floats by from time to time and we should keep track of it.

All mail to the mailing lists is archived on the mail server. It's not
currently in a place where it's accessible remotely, but when the new
server is operational, I'll set it up so the archives are sitting within
an FTP area.

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux & Unix User Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744 / http://www.bcs.org