Who:    Boston Computer Society Linux/Unix User's Group
Date:   19 July 1995, Wednesday
Time:   7:00 pm.
Place:  MIT, Building 16, Room 134 (Dorrance Bldg) -- New Room!

How to get there:
        By Car: Ames Street runs between 414 Main Street and 130
        Memorial Drive. Near M.I.T. Coop & Legal Seafood.

        By MBTA: Take the Red Line to Kendall Square. Walk past MIT Coop
        & Legal Seafood, turn left onto Ames St., walking towards the
        Charles River. Building 66 [25 Ames St.] will be on your right
        near the bend in the road (the building is triangular or wedge shaped
        when you're standing in front of it).

Linux is a UNIX-like operating system built around POSIX standards.  From
its inception less than three years ago, it was developed over the
Internet by a group of people who (for the most part) have never seen
each other, and now runs on an (estimated) 1,000,000 computer systems.
The operating system (and the source code for it) is free to anyone who
wants it.  This is probably the largest development project ever
accomplished using the Internet.

	For more information on this talk, please see the URL:

	or call the BCS Waltham Office at (617)290-5700.

* Coming on August 16 ----->>  Michael Bushnell of FSF on Emacs
* Same Time & Place	       for the Power User and The Rest of Us!
* --->	Think August 5th...
* --->	Think of Sun, Streams,
* --->	Cool Threads,
* --->	Good Food (Your Own) & Good Fun (All Together Now)
* --->	Think Barbeque! (Details Later....)