Installation Help

Hi:

I used to have only 1 hard disk on which live both DOS and Linux.
I have just added a second hard disk intended soley for Linux.
However the slackware installation complains about not being
able to mount the CD drive when I select CD as the source.

Since the second disk is totally Linux, the drive designators, as far
as DOS is concerned, have not changed, i.e. first hard disk is still
drive C whereas the CD drive is still drive D.

Both hard disks are connected to the primary IDE connector, and the
CD is connected to the secondary IDE connector. Upon booting up
with the boot disk, Linux did not report finding any CD drive. The
two hard disks were identified. ide0 is also identified which, I could
only guess, might be the primary ide connector?

Am I missing something here? What are my alternatives? I tried to
copy the entire slackware directory onto the C drive just to get the
installation going, but the long file names just got in the way.

By the way, I am installing from the InfoMagic CD's from March 95.
The first disk is a Quantum LT730A, the second disk is a Western
Digital AC2850RTL, and the CD drive is a Mitsumi.

Any help which will get Linux back on my pc will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Regards,

Siu-Ki Chan