Request for assistance

I did not intend my message to give the impression that I hacked the
solution myself.  I was instructed to disable parity checking by a
technician at the firm which made my Composite SIMMs.  I appreciate
your warning and have enabled this function with no ill effects on
either DOS or Linux.

On the issue of mixing memory, I bought the six 70nS SIMMs from a
technician who has worked on my system in the past and is familiar
with it.  He stated that he couldn't get 80s but that the 70s would
work if I put my ("tested at 70nS") 80s above them, which seems to
be the case.

I would very much appreciate your explaining the risks in this
approach, so that I can evaluate the benefits of replacing the 80s
with 70s.

Thanks,
Mark Glassberg