PPP dial-up question

I have finally configured a dip script for dialing into my ISP.

They assign IP addresses dynamically.  I have configured my kernel (just
upgraded to 1.2.13) with TCP/IP, SLIP, CSLIP, and PPP.

If I connect to the ISP with SLIP, and tell DIP SLIP mode, the connection
is made, but I can never get a Login prompt via telnet or FTP.

If I connect to the ISP with SLIP, and tell DIP CSLIP mode, all is fine.

If I connect to the ISP with PPP, and tell DIP PPP, the connection is made,
but an ifconfig shows no connection, and I cannot see anyone other than
myself.

====> What additional steps should I take for a successful PPP connection?

I am using the latest DIP (just FTPed it last night - version n).

My resolv.conf is all set.

Thanks much.

Scott Ehrlich, E-mail: wy1z at neu.edu, Web: http://lynx.neu.edu:8000/~sehrlich
Boston ARC ftp archives: ftp oak.oakland.edu /pub/hamradio    Amateur
Boston ARC Web page: http://www.acs.oakland.edu/barc.html  Radio Callsign:
ARRL Web page: http://www.acs.oakland.edu/barc/arrl.html       wy1z