Forwarded message: request for help

   > The Linux Journal has an ad for: BRU Backup Restore Utility.  Has
   > anyone tried it?  Does anyone recommend anything else?  Has anyone
   > tried any on-line backup services via the Internet?

   About five years ago, I called BRU looking for general info on backup
   solutions for various Unix servers at our computer lab.

   The result was (a) some literature on a product I didn't want to buy
   at the time, and (b) avalanches of junk mail and followup phone calls
   lasting about two years afterward...

   Maybe I could get their sales department to work for my current company!

So what do you recommend for backup on Linux?  tar or cpio?  dump?
NFS via ISP?

		Dan Demus
		dan at paragon.com