Autochanger/Backups on Unix

On Sep 28, 10:21am, Dale R Worley wrote:
> Subject: Re: Autochanger/Backups on Unix
>    From: Adrian Hall <adrian at hall.pn.com>
>
>    >  a> Arcada Backup Exec	Doesnt do incrementals
>    >
>    > Are you sure about this?  I've found them to have an excellent product.
>    >

>    Confirmation from Arcada Technical Support.  Quote: "The Unix Operating
>    System does not have an Archive Bit, so you cannot clear the Archive bit,
>    and hence, the Unix Agent does not handle Incremental or Differential
>    backups."

Seems to me you could do an awful lot with the file's update date.  In fact,
recording the date and time of each level dump, you could implement backup
levels too.  This is no excuse.

--
Tom Barringer      :Progress Software Corp.      : Every now and then, you need
tomb at progress.com  :14 Oak Park, Bedford MA 01730: to be reminded who you are.