Hard disk problem

> At 10:38 AM 11/30/95 -0500, Hsin-Yu Sidney Li wrote:

> Oh, wait a minute. Maybe I jumped the gun. When you ran FDISK and reformatted, you probably got rid of Ontrack, didn't you???
> Dan Murphy                 murph at vmark.com
> Vmark Software             74260.3322 at compuserve.com
> Westboro, MA
Dan,
Ontrack installs Disk Manager into the Master Boot Record. The best way to
clobber it is to use the DOS FDISK with the /mbr option to rewrite. Then the
FSF fdisk should be able to work fine. The problem is that when Disk Manager
is installed, things like the partition table may not be were it would be
expected. If the system is booted from a floppy, dos or otherwise, the hard
disk may appear to have different dimensions.
Jerry Feldman            Unix Systems - Development Engineering
Mailstop: ZKO3-3/Y25     (603)881-2970, DTN:381-2970,
Digital Equipment Corp.  gaf at zk3.dec.com
110 Spitbrook Rd.
Nashua, NH 03062-9987
Member Boston Computer Society BOD : gaf at bcs.org