C compilers.

   > So I was wondering, when is someone going to develop a K&R C compiler
   > for Linux?  Is there such a beast?
   >
   > Down with gcc, give back the Lint.
   I fully agree. You can't have Unix without lint. Maybe I could port Digital
   Unix lint to Alpha/Linux.

Yes however I`m not interested in Lint per se.  Just in the idea that
a small C compiler should not do Lint type things like issue warnings
ect.  That very idea of C minus Lint has been eluded to on this list
before and I am just echoing it.  Gcc is very nice for Workstation
environments/cross compilation, but in the interest of
size/preformance it might be nice to have a bare bones K&R/Ansi C
compiler.  Minus prototype checking!  Prototypes are best left to
Linting.

		--Dan Demus