What to see and do at Linuxcon

fyi proof there is an actual conversation happening about linuxcon/s.

so since there's no megameeting this year should we go for a linuxcon in boston?

>Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 21:40:46 -0500
>Sender: linuxcon at amethyst.educ.kent.edu
>From: mjmc at whitepine.com (MJ McEvoy)
>To: rodney at sabletech.com
>Subject: Re: What to see and do at Linuxcon
>
>Don Marti wrote:
><stuff deleted>
>
>>1. Task-focused seminars.  Seems like most Linux people can figure out
><stuff deleted>
>>* free and commercial options for using Linux as a file server
>>
>>* RDBMSs for Linux
>>
>>* Starting an Internet Service Provider in your garage with Linux
>>
>>2. Trade show. I really dig trade shows and would like to see as many
><stuff deleted>
>>Free software authors and compilers of free distributions should get
>>booths at no cost to promote their projects, answer questions, sell
>>printed documentation, and accept donations.
>>
><shameless hometown advocacy deleted>
>
>I agree, but I think concurrent regionals with CU-SEEME type links would be
>better, and show off the capabilities of LINUX and the people who are
>pushing it.
>
>Besides, most of the _commercial_ type applications development I do is for
>a more local audience.
>
>IMHO, the small business community is a more likely user of LINUX and
>applications for LINUX, not to mention many of us who were and still are
>attracted to the _price_ because it's all we could afford.
>
>To repeat myself - concurrent regionals have the capabilities to show-off
LINUX.

                  Rodney Thayer           ::         rodney at sabletech.com
                  Sable Technology Corp   ::              +1 617 332 7292
                  246 Walnut St           ::         Fax: +1 617 332 7970
                  Newton MA 02160 USA     ::  http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"