Small Change in Directions to Linux Meeting . . .

> *************************Details of UNH talk*********************************
> The Northern New England UNIX User Group joins GNHLUG and NH ACM in welcoming
> the architect of the Linux operating system on his visit to the United States
> and specifically, New England. We also have a number of Linux-related prizes
> and sideshows in the works, so the night's activities will start early, at
> 7:00 PM. That's on Wednesday, January 31. No charge to attend!
>
> The meeting will be held in the Iddles Auditorium, which is attached to
> Parsons Hall on the Southeast corner, on the Durham campus of the
> University of New Hampshire. Parsons is the next building south of Kingsbury,
> where we have sometimes met in the past. UNH-Durham is easily accessed
> from US Route 4, in particular the stretch that connects Portsmouth (I-95)
> to Lee (NH 125). From I-95, take Exit 4 if northbound, Exit 5 if southbound,
> and follow the signs to the Spaulding Turnpike going North. After crossing
> the General Sullivan Bridge to Dover Point, US 4 splits off the Spaulding
> at Exit 6-W, just before the tolls. Since the easiest access to Parsons
> is from the North Side, Richard Soule of UNH advises drivers to take the
> NH 155-A exit off US 4, follow the signs to head to the campus, and turn
> right at the flashing yellow light that you'll see when you encounter the
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The ever relentless urbanization of the UNH campus has turned this light into
a full set of lights!  The slightly modified directions are below.  I will try
to put up some signs in F lot so that people know where to go if they end up
there.

> built-up area. After the turn, look for the fire station and Zais Hall on
> the right, then you'll find a smallish parking lot just beyond. You can
> park there in the evenings without a permit.

  Or you can park behind Parsons/Iddles or in B-Lot.  If you can excuse the
ASCII art (vi was just not made for ASCII art) then a basic diagram is below.
F lot is probably not the best place to park as it is a little bit of a walk
to Parsons Hall from F lot and there is much more parking closer to the
building.

  Small      Light (not blinking yellow)
  Bridge
   -----        X                     Main St.
   -----     	||
		||							   ----
         Zais	||	Walkway	--|					   | H
         Hall	||		 \|/					   | U
	|------	||---------------------------------------------------------| G
Small ->|	\\  Morse	Kingsbury	Parsons/Iddles	    Babcock| E
lot	|     |	 \\ Hall	Hall		|----------------|	   |
(F lot)	|     |   \\				|Parking	 |	   | L
	|     |    \\		   		|		 |         | O
	|-----|     \\			        |   |------------| 	   | T
						  /\                        /\
					Park here  |	    or    here      |
								  (B lot)

  If you have ANY questions please ask me!

  Sorry about the confusion.

Rich
- --
  Research Computing Center  University of New Hampshire  Durham, NH 03824
  E-mail: Rich.Soule at unh.edu  Voice: (603) 862-4518  Fax: (603) 862-1915
  'New utopia? Horrifying sham' #1 anagram for Information Superhighway

------- End of Forwarded Message