UUCP and preservingply-to: how?

I think the fat Sendmail book from O'Reilly has prose that discusses this.

Unfortunately I also think you need to read the sendmail sources....

                  Rodney Thayer           ::         rodney at sabletech.com
                  Sable Technology Corp   ::              +1 617 332 7292
                  246 Walnut St           ::         Fax: +1 617 332 7970
                  Newton MA 02160 USA     ::  http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"