Writers wanted

>From Jack Rickard <letters at boardwatch.com>, in response to a query about
whether future articles will be written about Linux:

"...our Linux column died from my dissatisfaction with the writing--not
with Linux.  If we can't do it well, let's don't do it."

He made this comment after saying he'd like to publish more items about
Linux, noting that he discontinued a freelance writer after 3 relatively
mundane columns about the Linux installation procedure.

Jack is editor/publisher of Boardwatch magazine, and I infer from this
item on page 18 of the August issue that he'll accept proposals from
writers who wish to write a column or occasional series on Linux.
Boardwatch tends to be a fairly technical readership, as is the
readership of this mailing list.  Just wanted to pass this along, in
case any of you have looked for a regular, semi-mainstream outlet for
your writings.  He has tended to cancel fluff columns on such topics as
AOL and other big online services, and is always looking for substantive
material.  (Ironically, Jack accumulates a very loyal readership through
his dogged determination to publish a lengthy fluff section of letters to
the editor; I can't seem to skip past those myself when I pick up his
magazine each month...kind of addictive.)

-rich