Linux group - weekly meetings

Charlie Milhans writes:
>> When and where are the weekly meetings held?  Are they held
>> at the same  place as the monthly Linux meeting?

The Linux/Unix group has been holding its volunteers meeting
at Pioneer Global in Boston, a week before our user group meeting.
The purpose of the meeting is to take care of any loose ends
prior to the upcoming meeting, and to plan for the future.

I learned of the BCS closure several hours before the meeting
on Wednesday, so the major discussion at the meeting was
about how we'll proceed from here.

One of the things we agreed on was that we need to hold our
volunteers meetings more often than once a month, initially
to transform the group so it can survive without BCS support.
Weekly meetings seemed to be the consensus. We didn't discuss
the final location yet; for the first few weeks, we'll continue
to meet at Pioneer Global, Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m -- except,
of course, for the week of our user group meeting.

So the schedule is as follows:

Wed, Sep 18 - user group, MIT 4-163
Wed, Sep 25 - volunteers, Pioneer Global

Wed, Oct  2 - volunteers, Pioneer Global
Wed, Oct  9 - volunteers, Pioneer Global
Wed, Oct 16 - user group, MIT

Pioneer Global is at 811 Boylston Street, across the street
from the Prudential Center shopping complex and right beside
a Kopy Kop facility. Parking at the Prudential Center is
$2.00 if you arrive after 6:00 p.m. and you get your parking
receipt stamped at one of the stores in the mall.

To get there from Route 128, you'd take the Mass Pike into Boston,
and take the Prudential exit, which leads directly to the
Prudential parking garage.

John Abreau :: Unix Systems Administrator :: jabr at necx.com
NECX :: 4 Technology Drive :: Peabody, MA 01960
Voice: (508) 538-8425