[Q] emacs doesn't start

Just finished installing RedHat 3.0.3 (Picasso) on a 386s/20.  When I tried
to fire up emacs, I get thrown back to the prompt with this message:

	emacs: can't handle reloc type ''

Is there a quick fix for this?  I'd installed from the same CD-ROM onto a
Pentium 75 and didn't encounter any problems.

-- Bosco

PS:  here are more details...

The 386 has 16 MB of memory, and its sole IDE disk has 1035 MB spread
across 2105 cylinders.  Because the 386s has an old BIOS that can't handle
more than 1024 cylinders, I set up only two partitions on the disk:
	1.  /dev/hda1 - swap partition of 32 MB
	2.  /dev/hda2 - ext2 partition of 464 MB

hda1 starts at cylinder 1 at ends at 65.  hda2 starts at 66 and ends at
1008.