Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Boston Installfest

get guy to help you announce it on ne.general, cola, bblisa, nh isig, isig,
talk to that news lady on channel 4 that does the internet stuff, chuck
kraemer on ch. 5 who does internet stuff, linux-sig-admin mailing list

At 06:58 PM 12/23/96 -0800, you wrote:
>******************* MONEY TALK ********************************
>> 13 RedHat Linux Archives			$12.48	$162.24
>> 3 RH Linux 4.0 for Intel (full salable package)	$19.98	 $59.94
>> Shipping (charged us by RH for 1 of 2 shipments)	  $8.95
>> 							-------
>> 							$231.13
>
>    OK,
>
>    1 - WE DON'T PAY TILL AFTER THE INSTALL FEST
>
>    2 - WE ONLY PAY FOR WHAT WE SELL
>
>        IF WE SELL ALL THREE RH LINUX PACKAGES AT 59.94
>            THEN WE REFUND RH ~$60
>
>        IF WE SELL 0 ARCHIVES
>            THEN WE REFUND RH $0
>
>    3 - SHIPPING ~$10
>
>    WE STILL HAVE OVER 20 NON-SALABLE CD'S THAT ARE OURS FOR NOTHING TO
>USE.
>
>    CONCLUSION: LET'S SEE HOW THE INSTALL FEST GOES, TRY TO SELL THE 3
>RH PACKAGES OR GIVE THEM AS DOOR PRIZES.  WE'LL RETURN THE ARCHIVES AT
>NO COST AND PAY SHIPPING OR SOME VARIABLE OF THE ABOVE.
>
>    MY IMMEDIATE HEADACHE IS THAT I'VE HEARD NOTHING FROM ANYONE ABOUT
>ATTENDING THE INSTALL FEST.   I HAVE CONTACTED THE BOSTON GLOBE AND
>COMPUTER CURRENTS REGARDING LISTINGS IN IN THIER CALANDER SECTIONS AND
>I'M LOOKING FOR CONTACTS AT LOCAL AREA COLLECGES SO I CAN PUT UP
>POSTERS.
>
>    I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR IDEAS... IF ANYONE HAS ONE LET ME KNOW :)
>
>                        MARK J. SOULE

>Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 17:42:26 -0500
>From: John Abreau <jabr at camelot.necx.com>
>Sender: owner-linux-sig-admin at bcs.org
>
>mark Soule forwards the following:
>> I have packaged up (and plan to ship tomorrow) the following
>leftovers:
>>
>> 30 nonsalable RedHat 4.0 CDs (suitable for CD installs) (no charge,
>but please don't give them all away, we may need some of them later)
>>
>> 13 RedHat Linux Archives			$12.48	$162.24
>> 3 RH Linux 4.0 for Intel (full salable package)	$19.98	 $59.94
>> Shipping (charged us by RH for 1 of 2 shipments)	  $8.95
>> 							-------
>> 							$231.13
>>
>> This total is due Red Hat, which should be deducted by RedHat from
>the amount due from me to Red Hat.  I don't know exactly what it will
>cost to ship to Boston, but it should be roughly comparable, and due to
>the Christmas rush I expect they'll arrive around New Year's.  Please
>> verify that I counted the items correctly.
>
>How's the treasury doing? Do we need to pass the hat again, prior to
>the InstallFest, in order to cover this expense?
>
>--
>John Abreau :: Unix Systems Administrator :: jabr at necx.com
>NECX :: 4 Technology Drive :: Peabody, MA 01960 :: 508-538-8425
>Executive Director, Boston Linux & Unix - jabr at blu.org -
>http://www.blu.org

               Rodney Thayer <rodney at sabletech.com>       +1 617 332 7292
               Sable Technology Corp, 246 Walnut St., Newton MA 02160 USA
               Fax: +1 617 332 7970           http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"