Linux group and fall show

Hi, Kathleen. I haven't head from you in a while. How are things going?
My Linux group now calls itself "Boston Linux & Unix"; our web site is
at http://www.blu.org.

We need to start planning for our "Boston LinuxCon" this fall. We need
someone to lead the project. As I recall, the last time we talked you were
tied up until the end of December, and couldn't plan beyond that.

I'd like to invite you to be the project leader. Are you interested in
doing this?

I see the show as a small event, perhaps on the scale of the MegaMeetings
in the early years. We'll be featuring Linus Torvalds as our keynote speaker.
We'll want to schedule the show for a time that closely corresponds to a
major trade show like Internet World, so we can attract vendors who already
plan to be in Boston and would like to leverage their time to cover a second
show cheaply.

Up to now, we've been preparing for a Linux InstallFest, which we're doing
this Saturday at Howard Johnsons in Cambridge. You're welcome to drop by
if you like; we're starting the event at 10 a.m., and running until 5 p.m.
We'll probably go out for burgers 'n beers afterwards.

Thanks.

John Abreau :: Unix Systems Administrator :: jabr at necx.com
NECX :: 4 Technology Drive :: Peabody, MA 01960 :: 508-538-8425
Executive Director, Boston Linux & Unix - jabr at blu.org - http://www.blu.org