Red Hat 4.0 Install Problem

> I go through the complete procedure and steps again.  Install gets to about
> the same point, and guess what.  REBOOT.

You mention running LOADLIN and booting DOS a couple times. After you did that,
did you shut down the machine completely and power it off and on before booting
the RedHat install floppy? Or did you just CTRL-ALT-DEL?

When you do a CTRL-ALT-DEL (or press the RESET switch), DOS is left in
memory, and this can interfere with Linux in strange ways. That would be
my first guess as to what your problem might be.

.
John Abreau :: Unix Systems Administrator :: jabr at necx.com
NECX :: 4 Technology Drive :: Peabody, MA 01960 :: 508-538-8425
Executive Director, Boston Linux & Unix - jabr at blu.org - http://www.blu.org