Does Linux support DHCP

Jerry Feldman wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 JF> Has anyone out there used DHCP to obtain IP addresses. DHCP
 JF> is a Microsft  rpotocol to dynamically assign IP addresses
 JF> to a client. Has anyone  implemented it in Lunux yet.

There were several people working on this.  DHCP client software for Linux does
exist, although I've never used it:

                                    DHCPCD

     * Version: 0.2
     * Entered-date: 16Aug96
       gets an IP address and other information from a corresponding DHCP
       server, configures the network interface automatically, and tries
       to renew the lease time according to RFC1541. I fixed the bug that
       dhcpcd version 0.1 could not get the DHCP options except for
       netmask and lease, T1, T2 time from the Microsoft Windows NT
       server.