BLU admin meeting notes

Boston Linux & Unix
Meeting Notes - Admin Meeting, Wed 29 Jan 1997

We met at Our House East, 54 Gainesborough Street, Boston.
In attendance:
	John Abreau
	Guy Bzibziak

Meeting began at 8:00 p.m.

= Telephone and P.O. Box =
Guy will set up the post office box. Telephone and answering machine
are tabled until nxt time.

*** ACTION ITEM:
	Guy will rent a post office box at Astor Station, a five-minute
	walk from Checker Taxi. Estimated cost is $56 per year.

= Financial Report =
Guy reported on the state of our finances.
* Bank balance: $190.00
* Outstanding debts:
	$100 to Sabletech for a RedHat 4.0 SPARC cdrom
* Outstanding receipts: NONE

= Capital Equipment =
BLU owns the following equipment:
* Web server
	Operational; Pentium platform
* LCD panel
	dead; Blake to replace this
* 16-port 10baseT hub
	operational
* 3 4GB hard drives
	2 operational; on roogna and on sparc
	1 dead; Blake to replace

= Speakers and Topics =
Haven't heard from Lar Kaufman recently
Our schedule is wide open after February; we need to start filling out
our schedule of speakers and topics.

*** ACTION ITEM:
	Jabr will start a discussion of what members would like to see
	in our meetings

= Incorporation =
Last week we attended the SIGNET.ORG roll-out, in lieu of our regular
admin meeting. We met at Cybersmith in Harvard Square. In attendance were
Jabr, Guy, Jerry Feldman, Robert Luoma, and Richard Royston.

Discussion of incorporation vs SIGNET.ORG affiliation tabled until next time.

--------
Meeting suspended at 8:45 p.m., to reconvene at Checker Taxi
Meeting resumed at 10:00 p.m.
--------

= Publicity =
	TABLED

= Corporate Sponsorship =
	TABLED

= Meeting Locations =
We haven't heard back from Ruth Levitsky at MIT yet with regards to our
meeting location in the coming months.

*** ACTION ITEM:
	Jabr will try to telephone Ruth

--------