NFS Windows/Linux

> On 18 Feb 97 at 11:11, Rodney Thayer wrote:
>
> > there are nfs servers for win 95, I think.  try FTP software and try
> > chameleon.
Yes, there are NFS servers for Win95.  We use Xlink, which was the least
expensive.  I've also tried NCD's NFS server, which is just now out in a new
edition.

Beware - these products are not necessarily very robust.  Actually, I'm not
sure if it's the products or Microsoft's TCP/IP implementation.  I've not
been able to use 'tar' to backup an entire disk to tape with either Xlink or
NCD.  Win95 crashes.

If you have Linux, do consider SAMBA, and mount the Win95 disk with 'smbfs'.

Also, I've heard that Hummingbird has the best NFS product, but I have no
experience with it.