Just me me me and posibly me? *grin*

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Leif Hardison wrote:

> 	1. When is the next meeting being held?

We've got a volunteers meeting at Pioneer Global, March 12 at 7:00 p.m.,
and our main meeting at MIT Building 1-390, March 19 at 7:00 p.m.

> 	2. Is there a way to upgrade without using boot disk?
> 		4.0 --> 4.1

I dunno, I haven't picked up 4.1 yet. I recall when I upgraded to 3.0.3,
there was an "upgrade" script on the CDROM, but I didn't have much luck
with it, mostly because I didn't have enough free space on my disks for
the new install.

> 	3. (yup three)
> 	   What does one need to do to make there ppp connection
> 	   dial up on boot up?

I assume that you've already got a command to start PPP? You can add a
startup script into /etc/rc.d/rc3.d, call it something like S98ppp.init
The "S" at the beginning tells the init process to run this scripton
startup, passing it the string "start" as a parameter. The "98" determines
the order in which the scripts run; S98ppp.init would be run just before
S99local, and after everything else.

John Abreau :: Unix Systems Administrator :: jabr at necx.com
NECX :: 4 Technology Drive :: Peabody, MA 01960 :: 508-538-8425
Executive Director, Boston Linux & Unix - jabr at blu.org - http://www.blu.org