Trying to get Linux to recognize Creative Labs CD-Rom.

> "Sorry- the CD-Rom could not be found.  Please check to make sure that it
> is mounted beneath /cdrom and try again.
> (Directory given: /cdrom/slackware)."
>
> What can I do?

Did your kernel probe for and find an sbpcd device?
  If so
    type:
      mount /dev/sbpcd /cdrom
    before trying to do the installation
  else
    rebuild your kernel and config in an sbpcd device
    boot the new kernel and mount the drive before trying
    to run the installation software

chasb

Charles C. Bennett, Jr. <ccb at acm.org>
UNIX Tools, OO Development, Project Management
PGP Finger Print: 48 86 EC 74 12 49 60 40  3B D3 6A E7 E5 19 C1 47
          --- if you're not running Linux, you paid too much ---