 - - - attachment - - -

Topic: Intellectual Property Rights and the Internet

Speaker: Lar Kaufman (see background below)

When: Tuesday, March 25, 1997

Time: 6:00 Network; 6:30-7:30 pm Program

Where: ESNE, 10 Fawcett Street, Cambridge, MA
Free parking is available. Also near Alewife T-stop.

RSVP to: nfritz at esne.com or Nan at 617-354-2828.
Let her know if you'll need parking.

For more information about the STC Internet SIG:
	mhitzemann at internet.kronos.com or call 768-2837
	nfritz at esne.com or call 354-2828

About Our Speaker: Lar Kaufman began his technical writing career as an
airplane mechanic. While modifying business jets he started writing
fabrication and inspection procedures. He transitioned to software and
hardware documentation in the early 1980s and earned a degree in
Technical Communications in 1986. He co-authored a book--Running
Linux--and produced its second edition this past summer. Kaufman is now
working on a law degree at Boston University, pursuing his interest in
intellectual property rights and Internet law.

 - - -

 Lar Kaufman
 lark at world.std.com     _Running Linux_ 2nd ed. Aug. 1996
 lark at conserve.org      Matt Welsh and Lar Kaufman, Authors