Windows 95 problem

> Karl Hergenrother     <imagelab at world.std.com> wroteL
> I could not use LILO because the driver for my large hard driver
> has taken residence in my MBR.
If your hard drive is using Disk Manager, then I strongly suggest that you get
rid of it. It causes mega problems that I won't go into. I suggest that you do
the following:
1. Install a very small DOS partition as Drive C, with the rest of the drive
partitioned as you prefer.
2. Install a minimum Windows 95 (for DOS 7 - yes Windows 95 still has DOS).
   There is a parameter in msdos.sys in Windows95 to automatically prevent the
3. Immediately after you see the Windows 95 Starting message, press F8, and
   go to the command line. (or safe mode command line). At this point, type in
the loadlin command. (Make sure that the version of loadlin that you have
is good. A bad executable image can also give you the memory message.

One question regarding your BIOS. Does your BIOS not recognize large hard
drives ?

Jerry Feldman            Digital Unix Development Environment
Digital Equipment Corp.  (work)gaf at zk3.dec.com (home)gaf at highway1.com
110 Spitbrook Rd.        Mailstop: ZKO3-2/W17
Nashua, NH 03062-9987    (603)881-2970, DTN:381-2970