heyas!

> 1. Have any of u had a chance to use Highway1 Internet access?
> 	Because a friend of mine has, and can only have one computer
> 	hooked up at a time. Highway1 uses some unique number
> 	as the equivalent to a L/P, meaning u cant send the ethernet
> 	cord from the cable modem to a hub, from our understandings.
> 	Is there a way to masqurade <er spelling its late> IP's so as to
> 	be able to use multiple hubs?

I use it, though not (yet) with Linux. Be aware that Linux is *not*
supported by Highway1 (they are "looking into it", don't hold your breath
waiting); only Win95 and MacOS 7.x are, with NT 4.0 support "soon".
This doesn't mean you can't run Linux, of course; many people do, and I
believe there is a Highway1 newsgroup devoted to it. What it does mean
is that:

1) You will almost certainly have to have them install it on Win95 (or
possibly NT 4.0).

2) You will have to (after they leave) configure the networking for
Linux. This shouldn't be too hard, after all, what you really need are
the various settings anyway.

3) You *must* use the same Ethernet card, because they check the hardware
address of the card.

When you get this done, you can set up IP masquerading; check out
the NET-3 HOWTO for details. (There used to be an IP masquerading home
page, but it seems to be defunct). If necessary, ask around on the highway1
newsgroups to find out any local peculiarities.

			Peter

Peter Breton  pbreton at cs.umb.edu          PGP key by finger
Shave the whales!