RTFM question regarding pseudo terminals.

On 29 Nov 97 at 16:34, gaf at mediaone.net <gaf at mediaone.netwrote:

I rebuilt the former BCS web server yesterday with red Hat 4.0 (Because
of net problems I had to use CD Rom). While we wasted a good portion of
the day on Network cards, I did not start the real installation until
late.

1 problem is with telnet, rlogin. etc. It gives me a message that I am
out of ptys, which means I have to make the trip up to Lowell tomorrow.

The other problem is that the install failed when trying to update the
MBR, so I am still working with Linux on a diskette.

I have seen both before, and I just don't remember how I got around it.
The PTY problem is the most serious for me since the server is mostly
administered from home.
Gerald Feldman <gaf at mediaone.net>
Boston Computer Solutions and Consulting