Linux Info (fwd)

John Abreau wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

> [...]

I don't even remember whether an ancient version such as 0.99 has PCI support
or not.  In any case, it should not be used.

There are several extremely inexpensive vendors of Linux CD-ROMs.  Both LSL
("http://www.lsl.com";) and CheapBytes ("http://www.cheapbytes.com";) sell
complete Linux sets under $10 with shipping.  LSL's "Tri-Linux" is noteworthy.

The Debian distribution is probably the best choice for someone approaching
Linux as a tutorial exercise.  The Red Hat distribution is also good, and
slightly older version of it are often sold in major bookstores bundled with
some sort of manual.  Red Hat also publishes "Doctor Linux," which is a bound
compendium of the freeware Linux Documentation Project.

-- Mike