Media GX

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has heard about this new Cyrix Media GX chip.  It
combines the PCI Controller, Memory Controller, video, audio, and the
actual CPU on one chip.  It has a special motherboard.  I read about this
in Byte Magazine and then saw an add in the MicroCenter flier for a $500
MediaGX 166Mhz machine.  That seems like a good deal (no monitor).  My
question is if anyone knows if Linux works on this new chip.  I looked
around and haven't seen any patches.  I am assuming that it is not
compatible, but I wanted to verify that with some others.  I know next
weeks meeting has some people from Red Hat, I was going to ask them if it
works on Media GX too.

	Thanx for any feedback.  See you next Thursday.

		Shel

| Sheldon M. Dubrowin, CNA               | GTE Internetworking   |
|  Network Engineer                      | 150 Cambridge Park Dr |
|    GTE Internetworking,                | Cambridge, Ma 02140   |