Palm Pilot

Jerry Callen wrote:
> Hmm. I wonder. I bought a Palm Pilot recently (in the past 6 weeks)
> because a cow-orker has one, and I saw how obviously useful his is.
> All the available free/shareware is nifty (I have a few hacks I really
> wouldn't want to give up), but the basic product does OK on its own.

Were it not for USR's focus on recruiting third-party hackers, I think
Sharp would have taken over this market with their version (model 500
or something like that), since it has the same basic features, the
same physical size, and comes from a company well-known for pocket
gadgets (as opposed to a modem company???).  I compared the Sharp and
3Com pocket-organizer websites recently, and it's like night and day
when it comes to 3rd-party stuff.

-rich