Media-One Express, IP Masquerading

On 11 Feb 98 at 12:50, Sean wrote:

> What I'd like to do is to plug the modem into a 10baseT hub, then our three
> other computers into the hub, one of which will be a Linux system doing the
> IP masquerading.  I would like to avoid having double ethernet cards on
> the Linux box.
If you want the workstations on your internal LAN to be able to
send/receive Internet, then you need 2 NICs. My wife's system, while
networked to mine, does not use my system to get to the Internet
mainly because I don't want to use it as a network server. I want to
be able to boot Win95 or Linux when I want to.
Gerald A. Feldman <gaf at corsof.com>
home:gaf at mediaone.net