round 4 on errant ATAPI CDROM drive....

All right, I picked up the 2.1.90 kernel, and booted it.  It doesn't
know what to do with this CDROM drive, either.  With no bootprompt
options, it doesn't see the drive at all, but lingers for quit a while
at the IDE probe.

With "hdc=cdrom", it still lingers, but complains that the

	"IRQ probe failed (0)"

and is later able to determine that it's a 20X drive with a 256k cache.
And it's able to mount the drive, and read data from it.

I'm now poised to re-read the IDE and IDE-CDROM notes, and begin review
of the latest ATAPI spec, and turn on whatever debug code exists in the
IDE driver.  Are we having fun yet?

I'm either on to something new, or the drive is broken (probably,
firmware doesn't completely meet the ATAPI spec).

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated...

Thanks.