and we have another winner!

> Hello! I saw the card at MicroCenter... It is PCI :(((
>
> I wonder where you people get available PCI slots? I have only 4
> and all of them are used (2d video, 3d video, scsi and network)...

Tell me more about 2d vs. 3d video.  What do you do with them, how do they
work?  What brand hardware / X11 server?

The TV works best if it is PCI.  That's because of the special
DMA transfer feature PCI provides.  A PCI card can write directly
to the memory of another PCI card.  That's why watching TV puts
so little usage on the CPU...

Well, the BT848/878 video chips from BrookTree are certainly
also responsible for the excellent performance, but the PCI DMA
feature is certainly important in this scenario.

I can't really speak for non-PCI TV cards...

For my system, I have the following devices:
	pci video (S3 VRGE)
	pci adaptec 2940 (SCSI)
	pci WinTV

	isa Network (10mb)
	isa Sound
	isa adaptec 1540c (SCSI)

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org