Linux Distributions

One Debian question. Is there a tools analogous to the Red Hat Control
Panel.  While I generally do most of the system admin things by hand,
such as host names, ip address, adding something to multiple run levels
is a bit of a pain by hand. For example, I needed to add NFS to my
Alpha since I now need to have Linux on my Intel box. The procedure
was to rm the Knnnfs and Knnnfsfs links in run levels 2-5 and add Snn
links. While the procedure was easy, I messed them up (ln -s ../inetd/nfs
S20nfs and ln -s ../inet.d/nfs S99nfsfs). With the run level editor, this is
not as error prone. You can see that in the first entry I left out the dot and
the second, I linked to the wrong script. System admin tools to not
preemt the old way, but they can prevent dumb errors which can be
difficult to track down. Purists would say, if you are going to do system
admin, you should know what you are doing, but the addition of these
tools tend to make Linux easier to install and maintain, so that more non-
Unix people can use it more effectively.