Linux, Scanners, - recommendations?

"Jerry Feldman" wrote:
> Thanks. I plan to get a SCSI scanner and plug it into my existing SCSI
> which is used for the Jaz drive.
>
> On 30 Dec 98, at 7:17, Mike Bilow <discuss at tarnhelm.blu.org> wrote:

Something to remember...  Most cheap SCSI scanners are SCSI-1 devices
(not SCSI-2).  This means that the scanners do not support SCSI
disconnects.  This means, that while the scanner the in use, it blocks
the SCSI BUS.

So, using transitive math... If you're going to scan and save data
directly to your JAZ drive, put the scanner on a different BUS.  Or,
buy a scanner that supports SCSI-2 (I think all HP's are SCSI-2, Mustek
and UMAX low-end scanners are all SCSI-1).

Standard disclaimer applies ;-)

- Christoph

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org