NeoMagic, and a question of my own

>You know how, when you're browsing with Netscape, you click
>on a link, and a new browser window opens?  This is done with
>a 'TARGET="NEW"' clause in the link.  This is one of those
>things that irritates me more and more as I get older and more
>curmudgeonly.  Is there a way to get Netscape to ignore these,
>or is there another browser which can be configured to ignore?

Naawww, you don't have to be an old curmudgeon to understand how
rude that is.  I, too, just absolutley HATE any WWW page that
causes my browser to create a new window.  Whenever it happens I
just IMMEDIATELY close the new window unread, along with the page
that committed the crime, never to be opened again.  F**k 'em if
they think their info is so stupendously important that they need
an entire new browser window to present it in all its glory...

Many sins of HTML can be filtered away if you're willing to use
specialized WWW proxies; I'm not intimate with the technology but
they're available.  Some filter out advertisements and such; it would
probably be trivial to remove 'TARGET="NEW"' from the datastream...

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org