laptop with neomagic graphics

Christoph Doerbeck A242369 wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 CDA> Who has advice regarding a NeoMagic video chipset in a IBM
 CDA> ThinkPad 600?

Red Hat developed a Neomagic driver and contributed it back to the XFree86
project.  There is a fellow who was reverse engineering a driver, and he has a
web site at "http://www.mnsinc.com/js/Neomagic.html";.  However, he seems to
have abandoned his effort when Red Hat talked Neomagic into allowing official
support to be provided.  The Red Hat-developed Neomagic driver is included in
XFree86-3.3.3; see "http://www.xfree86.org/FAQ/#NeoMagic";.

Be warned that I spent quite a lot of time hand configuring the XF86Config file
to make this driver run an NEC 5080X in 1024x768x64K mode.  I'm sure that the
IBM Thinkpad is different, but I don't know its settings.  On the other hand,
the NEC display works really well.

-- Mike

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org