BLU discuss - List config changes

> No, the only people that get double-responses are the people who are
> actually in the To: and CC: fields.  For example, Jonathan and John

Yes, that's right - sorry if I wasn't clear about that. And just
to be clever fellow, I did a reply-all, and of course now we have *2* extra
names in the CC list (well, actually, Derek is the "To:" and John & and
mailing list are the CC:'s). So this gets bigger and bigger....

Of course, you *can* get around this problem if you want the response to go
to just the list:

1) Delete the senders name in the To: field
2) Change the list from CC: to To:
3) Send the mail

But this is as much of a hassle as it is to do a cut and paste of the sender's
email if you want to send a private email in a list with "munged" reply-to
headers.

Like I said, it just isn't a winnable position - either makes "perfect" sense,
and it isn't nearly as cut-and-dried as Chip makes it out to be, IMO. FWIW, I
tried to recently create a list that was reply-to and it confused everyone
else on the list, who admittedly were mostly newbies. Private messages were
getting posted every time.

I really wish they had carried thru on their threat and added another reply-to
ability - that is a real "reply-to sender ignoring the reply-to field".

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)    |
| Engineering Manager       Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |