Where do I get linux?

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Richard Royston wrote:

> John Abreau wrote:
>
> > A good place for cheap cdroms is http://www.cheapbytes.com
>
> I ordered some stuff from them. I got the impression that it was "publishers'
> remainders", so it's not the latest version, it's the one before. I'm not

   As far as I can tell, their copy of RH5.2 in the Linux Mondo Pack I
ordered in November was the latest available.  In fact, they had to hold
shipments while they waited for the 5.2 discs to be made.
   Since I mentioned it, I'd have to put in my vote for the CheapBytes
Linux MONDO Pack as the best starter package out there.  For $12.99 you
get RedHat 5.2(Updated), Slackware 3.6, Debian 2.0 Binary, OpenLinux 1.3,
TurboLinux 3.0.1, and three archive CDs.  So, for about $18 (after
shipping) you can try out a bunch of distributions and pick the one you
like.

Matthew J. Brodeur, mbrodeur at nexttime.com
Hostmaster, Webmaster for NextTime.com, NextTime.org
http://www.nexttime.com

"I wept because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.  So I
took his shoes."
	-Dave Barry