Where to get good deals on SCSI disk/tape drives

Hi Mike -

On the Web:

   www.centrix-intl.com		usually quite good
   www.compgeeks.com		usually too many SCA drives
   www.club-mac.com		usually running an UltraSCSI blowout
				this week it's a 4.5GB seagate for $239.

Locally, pcsforeveryone has a fairly reasonable price on the 4.5 GB
IBM 7200 RPM UW SCSI drive.  This is the fastest drive I've ever
installed on a Linux box with hdparm -Tt numbers > 12.5 MB/sec when
run off a Compaq 5100 Workstaion with an NCR 53c875.

I just paid $119 each for a pair of Quantum 2 GB Wide drives at
Centrix International.  I've installed one in an IBM Intellistation
and it'd doing pretty good.  They've recently added Seagate Barracuda
2 GB UW for that price.

My main system here at home has a 4.5GB Quantum Viking SCA that I
snarfed at CompGeeks for $169 + $25 for the adapter.  Live and learn.
IMHO the SCA adapters are suboptimal - I get so many resets that it's
easier to run Asynch.

ccb