Windows refund day reacton

| 	John, thanks for your response.  I'm sorry my message wasn't clear; I was
| 	pointing out that there seems to be a reaction against Linux users, and
| 	others involved in Refund Day.  That's what I find so baffling, that folks
| 	seeking a fair break have become been the object of such anger.

Oh, that's not so hard to understand, either.  Consider the  attitude
of,  say,  your  typical Ford or Chevy or Civic driver to someone who
drives a Volvo or a Lexus.

The fact that linux is cheaper than W95 does confuse the comparison a
bit, I must admit.  Imagine the attitude of your typical low-end auto
owner if they discovered that "auto nerds" were getting BMWs for  the
cost  of  delivery,  or  for  free  if  they  took a taxi over to the
dealer's.  Especially if there had been a huge marketing campaign  to
persuade  people to pay thousands for "user friendly" autos that were
actually no harder to drive than the high-performance free autos. ;-)

You probably wouldn't have a rush out to get high-quality free  cars.
You'd have public outrage at the "auto nerds" that were trying to use
their weird cars on the same roads that the rest of us use.