Linux Terminal Resolutions

> Does anybody know how to change the default text resolution in a terminal
> (not X?) I have a large monitor and the current video mode wastes a lot of
> screen space.

Running 2.0.x?  Next time you boot...

Lilo Boot: linux vga=ask

It will prompt you to select a video mode.  Hit return and pick from
the list.  Once you've gotten one that you like, you can add your
perfered video mode setting to lilo.conf and run lilo to put it into
your bootblock.

Running 2.[12].x?  Same as 2.0 but you need to configure vga mode
setting into your kernel - it's become optional.

ccb
-
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org