Microsoft Bus Mouse

There are two environments - console (text only) and X (graphical).  When
I see the kernel driver installed, I am watching the console screen and
can wiggle my mouse and see the large, white, rectangular cursor-sized
image move around.  If this part is failing, then you know that it is the
mouse and it's config, rather than something with X.

Try wiggling the mouse just after the driver loads and let us know if you
see the mouse cursor move against the black screen.  I think this is the
problem.

Chuck Young
GTE Internetworking

"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org