BLU discuss - List config changes

Derek Atkins wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 DA> Date: 29 Jan 1999 11:22:08 -0500
 DA> From: Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
 DA> To:   mikebw at bilow.bilow.uu.ids.net

 DA> Um, the 'discuss at BLU.ORG' is in the CC field.  When you
 DA> reply to the message, your mailer should grab the 'CC' field
 DA> as well as the 'From' field.  I don't know of ANY MUAs that
 DA> actually use the envelope address -- it's the MTA that uses
 DA> that.  Besides, I used to use UUCP and I never had this
 DA> problem.  I think it's your MUA, not UUCP, that is broken.

Just to set the record straight, it is an MTA issue rather than an MUA issue.
I see only the headers quoted above.  I don't know where the "Cc" header goes,
but it is clearly not present by the time the message is deposited on disk.  I
can look at the message with a hex editor and there is no "Cc" header.  If the
header existed, my MUA would display it.

Please understand that I am not claiming that BLU is at fault here.  I deal
with mail professionally all the time, and I know this UUCP system is a kludge
that leaves much to be desired, but it has been mostly functional for about a
decade and I have been putting up with it that long.  On the other hand, UUCP
has so little demand from my provider that getting this fixed is hopeless now.

-- Mike

***