info, please (fwd)

Horacio <homega at vlc.servicom.es> wrote:

> I'm a Linux user in Spain, and right now my sister is in Boston for a couple
> of terms.  I asked her to look for some pc components for myself (which
> should be much cheaper in the States than they are over here), and she's
> also willing to get hold of a 2nd hand laptop.
>
> Would you be so kind as to letting me know of a good place for this in or
> around Central Boston, or any pointer you might know of on the inet?

> Horacio
> homega at vlc.servicom.es
I would suggest that your sister attend the one of the upcoming KGP computer
shows, which are held in the Boston area. These shows have a wealth of
components and computers at relatively low prices. KGP's web site is
http://www.pcshow.com/. There is a show this weekend, and admission is free.
The location is in the Royal Trade Plaza in Fitchburg, Ma, which is about 25
miles West of Boston. Most of the shows are not accessable to public
transportation, but there is a commuter rail line that runs between Boston
and Fitchburg.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix