X Clients for windows...

If you need "PC Anywhere" type functionality, get a look at the VNC
thing from AT&T Research.  I use it to put my NT box in an X Window
on my Linux desktop.  You can also use it to put your Linux desktop
in a window on your MS or MAC desktop and all of the permutations
in between.

It works moderately well on a LAN.  It's dog slow but usable over
56K dialup.  I have an older client who's running NT on an M1X
feed and I use it from my Linux system to do tech support over the
phone.  Not a bad deal.

They have a server for NT, many UNIXes and MAC.  They have clients
for the same platforms.  You arrange to run the server on the system
that you want to control remotely.  When you want to connect, run
the client on any of the supported platforms and specify the hostname
and display of the server.  Presto!  The default configuration for
the server end on UNIX systems is to cough up a new X server that's
not visible to the console user, allowing a dozen NT clients, say,
to have X sessions without having to mess around with X servers.

And did I mention that it's free under the GPL?

ccb
-